I’m a writer, content strategist, and English tutor passionate about storytelling, the creative process, education, intercultural communication, and global issues.
My fiction and poetry have appeared in Ricepaper Magazine, Abyss & Apex, The Best of Abyss & Apex Vol.2, LooseLeaf Magazine, Cerebration Journal, Fault Lines Poetry Journal, and What If? Magazine.
My non-fiction articles have been featured in Business Insider, Matador Network, The Tyee, Asian Traveler Magazine, Canadian Newcomer, and other publications.
I’m also an Editorial Collective Member of Room Magazine, where I review submissions, help out with editorial work, and serve as the Volunteer Coordinator for the Growing Room Festival. I’ve helped out with numerous organizations such as Ricepaper, Asian Canadian Writer’s Workshop, Surrey International Writer’s Conference, and World Poetry Canada, as well as read at events like Word Vancouver, Lit Fest New West, and Asian Heritage Month.
Currently, I’m doing my Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing at the University of British Columbia (UBC), where I’m at work on a YA fantasy novel based on Chinese folklore and a collection of short stories.
- Email: yilinw [at] gmail.com
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/yilinwriter
- Twitter: @yilinwriter
- LinkedIn Profile: ca.linkedin.com/in/yilinw
Find me online
- A Volunteer’s Perspective: guest post for the Surrey International Writer’s Conference
- Feature on Joanne Arnott’s Blog
- Word on the Street profile: Yilin Wang
- Asian Canadian Writer’s Workshop: World Poetry Reads at UBC
- World Poetry profile: Yilin Wang
- Richmond Review: Doors Open to Richmond Youth
- Coquitlam Now: Sholarship Scoop
- RBC: Twelve Students Awarded RBC Royal Bank Scholarships for Canadians